Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Signal is weak

Just transferred my number from Vodafone to Telstra, because I though Telstra would have a better network coverage. But my indoor and outdoor mobile signals are weak ( only 1-2 bars on my iPhone 11 Pro).

My address is Endeavour Hills VIC, which is in Metro area of Melbourne. So, it's a such surprise to me, the signal status is weaker than other two major suppliers.

Can anyone advise a way to check or improve the signal?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Signal is weak

You won't be able to improve the signal (especially outdoors) unless you want to spend around $1500 on a signal booster and antenna (which would help indoors, but really not worth it unless you had marginal reception).

You can check out the Towers in your area via rfnsa.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, I checked the website, there is a 3G and 4GX tower (3177001) about 655m away. 

So, I think it should have a stronger signal.

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Being close to a tower doesn't necessarily mean stronger signal, there will be some 'RF shadow' being cast depending on deployment angles and other factors for the antennas.

Do you have an app the tells you 3G/4G signal strength and cell tower ID? 

For Android, the Kaibits network Signal app is quite good (pro version avoids ads).

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more