Archimedes_
Level 1: Cadet

Morayfield & Upper Caboolture: Lack Of 3G/4G connectivity

There is a problem with limited to no signal for mobile broadband. I have tried a number of devices on the Telstra network and despite the Telstra coverage maps purporting to show coverage this is simply not the case. This problem exists not just in my house, my street or even my neighbourhood but over a 5km radius. Obviously during COVID this has exacerbated issues with remaining connected with loved ones and new remote working requirements. 

As evidenced here this problem has been known by Telstra for many years. https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/network-roaming/black-spot-poor-coverage-in-upper-caboolture-...

Yes I’ve tried turning off devices, reinserting the SIM, standing on one leg with my tongue out etc etc. None of it works. I am lucky hat times to have a single bar of 4G or 3G. For a premium service it is incredibly frustrating. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Morayfield & Upper Caboolture: Lack Of 3G/4G connectivity

To get funding for blackspots, you need to lobby your local politicians.

There is a new Tower currently in the Consultation Phase at 287A Caboolture River Road
UPPER CABOOLTURE QLD 4510. So that would normally be expected to be constructed sometime in the next 12 months.

To see if there is anything that can be tweaked in the meantime, send an email to basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com and include your contact details, the model of phone you are using and the area that you are experiencing lack of service.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more