Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

motorola razr v3xx WCDMA 850/1900 not working with next G

Hello

I have an unlocked aT&t MOTOROLA RAZR v3XX - WHICH WHEN I PUT THE IMEI NUMBER IN YOUR  website - it says its compatible with the next G service .

The phone has network choices automatic ,1900 , 900/1800 , WCDMA 2100 and WCDMA 850/1900.

But it doesnt find a 3G signal only works on 2G edge E .

On automatic Ive tried a active Telstra Next G sim = no service

vodephone = edge E only virgin edge E only . meaning its only finding a GSM signal only

why doesnt this phone connect to the NextG 3G network ???

Your website IMEI says ok for next G - the manual shows it can have a 3G icon when roaming - but nothing works on 3G here in  in australia

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: motorola razr v3xx WCDMA 850/1900 not working with next G

It really depends on what part of the country you are in as not all towers are the same.

The V3XX is a very old phone, Telstra supports
850MHz Band 5
2100MHz Band 1

2G has been decommissioned

There has been a big push for 4GX so that might take priority

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: motorola razr v3xx WCDMA 850/1900 not working with next G

*solved*

actually im in perth city central - so i assume signal strength wasnt the problem - I also acquired a old telstra v3xx so i knew that my at&T phone should be able to do it and i found the solution - insert Next g sim select WCDMA 850/1900 on the phone and then let it search for the network then go manual for network and select telstra - and then it finds the 3G signal and yay it works - thats for anyone else who wants a 3G flip phone to work after the 2g network is switched off. Now if the telcos would just stop using the 3G bandwidths settings for 4G - and find another - ill be happy for another 10 years with a RAZR V3xx

regards  

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more