Level 2: Rookie

Moving house and want to take modem

I’m moving to a new address about 100m away from where I currently live. I have FTTN as does my new house. How do I book a move, but keep my modem? The modem I have is only 12 months old

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Moving house and want to take modem

The modem is yours, part of the service you pay for, so you can take it but leave any NBN stuff where it is.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

thanks, but how do I avoid getting another modem, or will the system figure it out without me actually communicating with a human?

If you cancel the service, they expect you to pay out the modem..

provided you have arranged the move with Telstra, then they should work it all out..

Doesn't hurt to have another modem as a spare, if they do indeed send one..  but it is kind of hard to be 100% certain of what Telstra will do about anything these days.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

Thanks for the advice about cancelling the service. I guess it’s a matter of keeping my fingers crossed.

Don't cancel your service - just relocate it.. keep your relocation order as simple as possible.

the cancelling I was talking about was what happens with the modem if you do ever cancel..

Stevo 52

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more