SteveL77
Level 1: Cadet

My Business Wireless Broadband APN for incoming VPN access

We have a "My Business Wireless Broadband" account.

We are using this account for internet access at our office.

I would like to know what APN we can / should use with this account that would allow us to access our site / office remotely.  We are setting up a new router with inbuilt 4GX modem.  This modem has an inbuilt VPN server capability (a number of different types).  We want to use one of these VPN servers to access our office remotely.  

I know we may have issues with changing WAN IP addresses etc, but I know it can be done as we also have a Telstra ADSL connection with backup 4G modem (sierra air card) and we have managed to set up the VPN server in the Telstra DEV2020.  I know that SIM uses the telstra.extranet APN.  I tried this one but it doesn't seem to work.

The modem we are trying to get to work is a Teltonika RUT980.

I know I may need to contact Telstra to get some different code added to our account or something, but just thought I would ask the question.

If anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: My Business Wireless Broadband APN for incoming VPN access

it should only work with telstra.internet unless ext has been configured by Telstra. I have heard in the past about it not being able to be added on those plans but you would need the support team to activate before ext would work.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more