How the **bleep** do I disconnect my Telstra services

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN and foxtel

You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred tot he queue to chat with a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred tot he queue to chat with a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Mobile services you should be able to cancel from your My Account (webpage) or My Telstra app, by selecting the service, then Manage plan....   one of the options is Cancel..

Internet and home phone, Foxtel will be a little more complicated, especially at present.

If you are going to change provider, I would suggest you talk to them about you 'churn' options because they may be able to take them over and cancel the Telstra side of things at the same time.

Otherwise, it would probably be best to go into a Telstra Store to do it all, if there is one near you that is open during Covid restrictions.  I would suggest that you make an appointment beforehand if you can..  the stores are busy and 'walk-in' wait times are lengthy.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Stores generally don't/can't do cancellations, especially Foxtel.

The ability to cancel services online was removed years ago due to people accidentally cancelling their service and then wanting it reinstated with the same conditions and discounts that they previously had. The Cancel option only refers you to Live Chat. A cancellation requires consultant intervention.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more