Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN flashing red and clicking

Recently received an email from our land agent saying there was a fault at the MDF at our block of apartments. It has allegedly been 'fixed' but upon turning NBN box back on it clicks every 3 seconds and the link light is constantly flashing red and the DSL flashes blue once every 5 seconds. I can tell that the fault is still existing as this happened when we were informed of the fault and the NBN box has the same behaviour. Resetting router/reseating cable connections/plugging in router to different wall outlets did nothing as I knew they wouldn't (useless troubleshooting advice from the service technician on the phone). Is there any advice for troubleshooting despite the fact I believe the issue is with the physical cabling at the MDF for our block of units - the router has dropped onto the mobile network but getting download speeds of 0.02mbps which is embarassing to say the least

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: NBN flashing red and clicking

I have the same problem ( single house ) :

FTTC

NDD-0300

Power light is solid blue

Connection light is flashing red and makes as steady clicking noise

DSL light is off

LAN light is off

However, I am still connected to the Internet via my Ethernet Cable. 

So, what is wrong and what is 'reverse power' ?

Seems that Telstra Support can't be contacted by email - not even via 'my account'.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Jwedge, sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your service. When you spoke with tech support what has been advised? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Marc10, I recommend sending a message through to our team via the MyTelstra app (available 8AM-8PM) and they will be able to assist you with your inquiry. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more