HappyWorld
Level 1: Cadet

Nbn Technician request

For more than a week, I am struggling to understand the process how Telstra organises a nbn technician visit to sort out my nbn box. Telstra service agent advised 3 or 4 appointments and everyone of them resulted in :no show". The agents said in my later contact that somehow the service request ended up as "cancelled" in their system and they would try different means to contact nbn such as "direct nbn portal", nbn team etc etc but apart from hanging on the phone for an hour every time, the issue is still unresolved. The latest today is that after an hour on the phone the agent said he would call me back in a couple of hours with confirmation of nbn visit time but never called back and this is an exact repeat of the previous call. Questions are what is the process that telstra follows with nbn technician request, does nbn send out any communication to customer before they come out, do they try any remote troubleshoot prior etc etc

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Nbn Technician request

NBN does a remote test of the service (albeit a pathetic and rudimentary one that doesn't involve any end user involvement), and if they fail to see a problem, they cancel the appointment with no notification.

Lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman via tio.com.au about NBN Co as they need to be forced to change their methods.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
HappyWorld
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Nbn Technician request

Thanks, Jupiter. Remote test before coming out on site makes good sense. In this instance, my subsequent calls to Telstra indicated that it is a system issue they had in communicating with NBN with the appointments initially successful only to error out a little later. Finally they got across to NBN and made a successful appointment and the technician came out today. He replaced the NBN box and the issue seems to have been sorted out

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more