Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Network access

Hi,

About 2 years ago I bought a Samsung phone outright from Telstra for $189. I used it since then with a Telstra contract.

I recently transferred to TPG, but am unable to access mobile services because it is asking me for a Network unlock code.

Can I have a network unlock code please. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Network access

Hello @Christine_Luiz,

Thanks for your message.

A handset purchased from a Telstra store for $189 would most likely be a Pre-Paid (locked)

handset, not an outright handset.

You may have used a sim card for a Telstra Plan, but as the handset was sold as a Pre-Paid device, 

it would be locked to the Telstra network.

The good news is after 2 years there is no fee to unlock a Pre-Paid handset, but you will need

to get in touch with customer support to provide the unlocking code. https://tel.st/jkrus

To contact us, please download and open the My Telstra App, sign in then head to Get Help and 

click on the blue message icon. The assistant will have a few suggestions, then notify a team

member to assist further. We then respond to every message, in order of urgency.

Another factor is the handset would be configured for the Telstra network, even once unlocked there may

be issues connecting to other networks, as they may use different frequencies. 

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more