Jody29
Level 1: Cadet

No coverage in penrith

Is anyone in penrith having problems with coverage since Christmas eve. my mobile is just getting enough to work but and my partners phone has nothing. We had a weak coverage before but now theres nothing. Even moving outside its still weak. But drive s block and the coverage is good. Been into Telstra shop they put in new sim card but still the same. My signal is -119

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: No coverage in penrith

Telstra are adding 5G antennas to tower after tower. In almost all cases, they give the 5G antennas the prime position that the 4G antennas  previously had. This very scenario has occurred where My local tower provided me  marginal 4G signal, and since 5G was added,  is now even more marginal. A close friend who has been a Telstra dealer for 25 years tells me this has been  an extremely common complaint since Telstra started installing 5G.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
TI76NA
Level 1: Cadet

Re: No coverage in penrith

100%! It’s been **bleep**! I couldn’t even log into services nsw app put the front of the place! Also I’m Jordan Springs it’s even worse! I can’t even have a bloody FaceTime call! So frustrating considering the amount they bloody charge us all for their BS non existent service!!

@Jody29 wrote:

Is anyone in penrith having problems with coverage since Christmas eve. my mobile is just getting enough to work but and my partners phone has nothing. We had a weak coverage before but now theres nothing. Even moving outside its still weak. But drive s block and the coverage is good. Been into Telstra shop they put in new sim card but still the same. My signal is -119

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more