Sym12345
Level 2: Rookie

Optus porting now at 3 weeks

Answered

Porting of number from optus post paid to boost prepaid (telstra). Stuck now for 3 weeks (march 13th). Have confirmed fault is with telstra not optus. Its currently sitting with the telstra IT backend team, who dont appear to be doing anything. Have spoken multiple times to the porting team who say its out of their hands. The boost sim actually recieves messages and calls but can make any, optus sim is still active. I have already raised with the TIO having spent over 10 hours back and forth with boost/telstra to no avail. This includes being told twice to go out and buy new sim cards for boost to reactivate again before now being told the original port will be eventually fixed. Boost have activated a new sim with credit while the issue gets fixed but i am still paying for optus so still using that sim. This is ridiculous that in a first world country something simple like this can take so long. Do telstra expect us to put up with this?

UPDATE: Boost sim now not recieving and calls or messages or calls. Optus sim still working but wont recieve telstra calls specifically. Have again confirmed with optus that no issues at their end. Very frustrated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sym12345
Accepted Solution

Re: Optus porting now at 3 weeks

issue was resolved after about 6 weeks. I didnt get anywhere with the first complaint to boost or telstra and the TIO was going to take 2 months to even allocate a case officer. The second complaint I made to telstra got the issue fixed. I asked the telstra complaints manager what he did and he said he called boost directly to coordinate it. sounds simple but telstra and boost dont appear to talk to each other. I also never found out about the "IT glitch" which supposedly caused the port to fail. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Luke_Groves
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hey @Sym12345 

While porting from one provider to another is usually pretty seamless and painless sometimes with systems as complex as they are issues can arise. 

Generally form past experience once an issue has been passed into Telstra’s internal backend IT team it’s a complex issue that can take some time to resolve. 

In most circumstances if your Optus sim is still working it generally means something has not aligned properly during the port process. Once your Optus sim generally stops working is then when it would be activated in the other providers system. 

Luke |
Moving House: https://www.telstra.com.au/moving-house
Got a Fault: https://fix.telstra.com/
Need Contact: https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us
Sym12345

Thanks for your reply. Main issue i have is that i can't receive calls or messages from calls or messages from telstra/boost numbers. 

Luke_Groves
Level 6: Bloodhound

If you are having issues after it has activated with Telstra you will have to troubleshoot with the faults team: fix.Telstra.com

Luke |
Moving House: https://www.telstra.com.au/moving-house
Got a Fault: https://fix.telstra.com/
Need Contact: https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us
Sym12345

the new boost sim has not been activated yet, I cant receive Telstra calls on the optus sim which is still active. 

Sym12345

Still nothing, calling every second day and not getting anywhere. The Telstra porting team is sympathetic but it is out of their hands, the boost and Telstra complaints teams really don't understand the issue and keep making me go around in circles. 

Latest I have been told to get Optus to swap sims, despite being told by both Optus and the Telstra porting team that it wouldn't help. Went out and bought a new Optus sim (I now have 3 boost sims and 2 Optus sims) and spent a couple of hours getting it transferred and still having the same issue. 

Very frustrating that I still cant receive phone calls or texts from Telstra. TIO has been updated and are now in the process of allocating a case officer. 

mal_h
Level 1: Cadet

Did you get it resolved yet? I am having same issue.. It seems in every case where there is a delay, Boost seems to be involved.

@Sym12345 wrote:

Still nothing, calling every second day and not getting anywhere. The Telstra porting team is sympathetic but it is out of their hands, the boost and Telstra complaints teams really don't understand the issue and keep making me go around in circles. 

Latest I have been told to get Optus to swap sims, despite being told by both Optus and the Telstra porting team that it wouldn't help. Went out and bought a new Optus sim (I now have 3 boost sims and 2 Optus sims) and spent a couple of hours getting it transferred and still having the same issue. 

Very frustrating that I still cant receive phone calls or texts from Telstra. TIO has been updated and are now in the process of allocating a case officer. 

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi mal_h, just to clarify, you are unable to receive phone calls or texts from Telstra? - Glenn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Sym12345
Accepted Solution

issue was resolved after about 6 weeks. I didnt get anywhere with the first complaint to boost or telstra and the TIO was going to take 2 months to even allocate a case officer. The second complaint I made to telstra got the issue fixed. I asked the telstra complaints manager what he did and he said he called boost directly to coordinate it. sounds simple but telstra and boost dont appear to talk to each other. I also never found out about the "IT glitch" which supposedly caused the port to fail. 

View solution in original post

As82

After changing over from Kogan to Telstra 6 weeks ago i am no closer to getting my SIM card working. Ive had complants, and incident numbers, escalated things and still no answer as to what the probelm is. My complaints manager says to go into a shop ( which I have already and they couldnt fix it). The constant wait 48 hrs and it will be fixed is getting a bit old. Disgraceful customer service

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

It would be better if you started your own thread.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more