Level 1: Cadet

ORBI on mobile data - intermittent connectivity issues

Hi, got the ORBI plus satellite to give us better reach in rural to replace the Nighthawk. 
On Telstra mobile data plan. We have internet drop out issues multiple times a day. Connecting one laptop via Ethernet and 4 devices on wifi. Wifi works, just regular “no internet”. Also have two Telstra mobile plans and they are picking up data consistently in that ORBI down time so am thinking can’t be the signal. ORBI in a good Place, same place where Nigjthawk picked up perfect signal, same sim. Please help!! (Waiting for Netgear to call me as apparently Telstras phone support can’t help. Unbelievable. Bought in a Telstra store!) thanks. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ORBI on mobile data - intermittent connectivity issues

I have same problem with Telstra orbi on mobile data only. Works well for a short time then drops out and requires reboot many times per day. Other phones with Telstra sims never miss a beat. Was this resolved as I need help too. 

I’m having the same problem. Has Telstra or NETGEAR helped resolve this issue yet?

Hi Yo yo, I sent back to Telstra for repair after a long time on the phone, brought another much cheaper modem dongle that works   perfect. I don’t want the orbi back. Good luck and hope you resolve

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more