Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

oukitel C16 Pro set up question

Answered

I have an new Oukitel C16 Pro and when I install my active Telstra sim the Telstra network doesn't connect.   It sees Optus and Vodafone.   Any suggestions about what settings to change? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: oukitel C16 Pro set up question

Telstra uses 850 MHz band for 3G the C16 Pro only supports 800/2100MHz bands

A lot of Telstra towers transmit in the 700 MHz band, the C16 Pro does not support 700 MHz 

Because the C16 Pro doesn't the frequency used by Telstra for 3G and one of the main frequencies used for 4G could be the reason it can't detect the Telstra network in your location.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Telstra uses 850 MHz band for 3G the C16 Pro only supports 800/2100MHz bands

A lot of Telstra towers transmit in the 700 MHz band, the C16 Pro does not support 700 MHz 

Because the C16 Pro doesn't the frequency used by Telstra for 3G and one of the main frequencies used for 4G could be the reason it can't detect the Telstra network in your location.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

So are you telling me that I need to move to Optus or Vodafone?  Here is the info I checked out before buying the phone and it says it should work.   Where are you getting your info about the C16 Pro?

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Oukitel website on the specs page for the C16 Pro doesn't mention 850MHz UMTS (3G) capability or 700MHz LTE capability.

On the whole, it's not a great phone for Australia, but it would work better on Optus or Vodafone as they use the 900MHz band for 3G. The site you did the comparison is just plan wrong as it also lists 2G compatibility and there aren't any 2G networks in Australia. Plus 2100Mhz is no longer used for 3G.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more