Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Persistant Belgrave postcode 3160 mobile outage - no answers from telstra

Has anyone in the Belgrave area (3160) been able to get a straight answer from Telstra about the lack of mobile phone coverage since 12 september 2014?

All the Telstra staff have been perfectly nice but 100% useless - no offence to the case manager.  The website lists an outage since 12 September for 2G and 3G with no ETA for a fix.  Our mobiles are pretty much rendered useless and I know it seems like a first world problem but it's getting a tad tiresome at this point because we rely on them as our primary phones.  

It's quite ironic that Australia's largest communications company can't communicate to it's customers when a long running fault is going to be fixed.  Is it going to be days, weeks or months?  Just give me the technicians number and I will only be happy to make the call!  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Persistant Belgrave postcode 3160 mobile outage - no answers from telstra

Hi jbc41,

I can see how this may be a frustrating period for you and apologise that we can't give you a more definitive response regarding the repair of the faulty tower.

We are making every effort to have the issue in Belgrave resolved as soon as possible and from information I have gathered, it looks as though 3G connectivity should return to the area within the next week or so.

In any case, be aware that this is an estimate. It is difficult to give you an absolute and exact answer to these questions seeing as variables can always hinder the reparation process and cause further delays. In some instances you might find the opposite occurring.

If you require any further updates just get in contact and we'll see what we can provide.

- Ronny

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Ronny,

This outage is still ongoing and is becoming incredibly frustrating. My colleagues and i work in sales in Belgrave and are heavily dependent on our mobiles, for which we have little coverage in our office so spend our days out on the street taking and receiving calls.

The reason we all switched to Telstra was due to the 'better' coverage and at this point your coverage is far worse than Optus in this area.

Can you please advise a realistic time frame as to when this will be rectified? If it isn't rectified we will have no choice but to switch to a carrier where we get service as it effects productivity.

Cheers 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Chicko87

I've checked up on this for you and according to my outage reports the Belgrave 2G/3G issue has now been resolved as of 5:30 PM EDST 30/10/2014  We're very sorry for the prolonged interruption, it appears to have been caused by equipment failure so it may have taken a little longer that expected if they needed to order in parts etc, it's all fixed now though. If you have any further troubles please let us know Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more