Tibbso
Level 2: Rookie

Phone suspended

My brother's phone has been suspended for supposed "security checking" however we suspect that it was actually suspended by a woeful and spiteful Telstra employee that did not appreciate being recognized for his one-star efforts in taking two hours to complete a new phone service order. We have the chat transcripts and we will be lodging an official complaint with ombudsman regarding this behaviour.

Since my brother is 60 years old, non-technical and lives 160km away from me in an isolated area with zero ability to phone anybody, I need to sort this out for him. I need someone from Telstra to phone myself and talk through why this hasn't been fixed after one-week, why it hasn't been fixed after my brother drove 160kms so I could go into a Telstra store in Sydney with him and provide 100 points of ID and after many attempts at me trying to contact Telstra on his behalf. I'd say phone my brother and talk to him, but thanks to Telstra - nobody can!

Let's hope my brother doesn't have an emergency situation up there as he probably isn't aware that legally he should be able to phone 000 still - although it is a Telstra provided handset so that is probably suspended too.

This is actually extremely poor; despicable service from Telstra and is greatly affecting my brother's morale and mental health. What is even more annoying is I am supposedly some Gold Class customer, personally spending thousands a year with Telstra and the chat service Telstra would like us to use is no better than talking to a goat.

Telstra has used Covid-19 as an excuse to reduce it's customer service levels to less than 1 star and yet they still think they are the Gold Standard of Telco's in Australia and charge accordingly. What a Joke!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Phone suspended

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to Account Details, so nobody will be able to contact you as a result of your post here (this is not an official support channel).

He will be able to call 000 if he needs to as that ability stays active even if an account is suspended.

You could try calling 132200 and saying "Complaints" or doing similar through the chat service in the app (or lodging the form via https://telstra.com/complaints which takes about 5 days to get an initial response.).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Tibbso
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Phone suspended

I have called 132200:-

Some far flung extremely disinterested in helping Telstra rep: "your brother needs to call"

ME: "How does he do that, he doesn't have a phone"

Some far flung extremely disinterested in helping Telstra rep: "he needs to add you to his account"

ME: "Did that in store on Sunday"

Some far flung extremely disinterested in helping Telstra rep: "he needs to go into the store"

ME: "So you'd like him to drive the 160kms to Sydney again to do what we already did last weekend?

Some far flung extremely disinterested in helping Telstra rep: "yes, sorry can't (won't) help you any further"

I have used the special Gold Class member Telstra app chat section in my Telstra app:

ME: Spend a great deal of time explaining the issue to the latest herd member that stops chewing their cud long enough to answer my msg.

Herd Member at 6pm: "Yes my name (whatever), I am sorry you have had this issue but I promise I can help you and will stay with you until it is sorted." 

ME: "Thanks, much appreciated as I really need to get this issue sorted" Spend another great deal of time explaining the issue...."

Herd Member: crickets

Different Herd Member at 11.59pm: "Yes my name (whatever), I am sorry you have had this issue but I promise I can help you and will stay with you until it is sorted."

ME: Obviously asleep.

Rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat.

It seems that public embarrassment is the only way to get Telstra to fix something they shouldn't have broken in the first place.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more