Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

PIN SMS received but I did not request a PIN

Answered

Help - I've received an SMS with a PIN advising to contact 132200 if I did not request the PIN however during business hours the only option I was offered when I called was to go online; the automated online chat is not giving a useful response; and I haven't found any information in the CrowdSupport. I don't have a smartphone so can't use the app, and when I register for online services and log in there is no facility to message Telstra. Does anyone know why I would have received this SMS, as I did not request one. My phone is working so the number hasn't been ported. I don't know whether to be majorly concerned or not, but am so annoyed with the abysmal customer service from Telstra that I will be investigating switching to another provider on my next day off if I can find anyone that actually has customer service operators available!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: PIN SMS received but I did not request a PIN

It's most likely been a typo when a consultant was sending the PIN for someone else.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

It's most likely been a typo when a consultant was sending the PIN for someone else.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am having the same thing and no one is answering the phone very frustrating..Time to find another provider if this continues

Highlighted

That is not a good enough answer and why are the phones saying closed before 4pm rang multiple times 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more