MelindaH
Level 2: Rookie

Poor mobile coverage in my house

Since I moved into my house 10 years my mobile coverage has been bad, It never bothered me before because I never used my mobile phone that much, but it has been bugging me the last 6 months.

Everyone who visits me have the same experience, usually have to go down the drive way to take a call or send a sms or MMS, 

I barely get 1 bar in my house and when I text it takes ages to send, if I take a call in my house the caller cannot here me.

In 2006 i was more forgiving of the coverage I receive in my house but not in 2017 so finally I wish to complain about this.

I live in Werribee 3030 in a normal street in suburbia not out in the bush where I'd expect bad coverage.

So please advise what I should do and what options I have for Telstra to fix this issue for me, but not at my expense!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Takadiurga
Level 11: Detective

Re: Poor mobile coverage in my house

Hey Melinda,

What phone do you have? Is it one of our devices with a blue tick? (Provides better reception). Do you get completely fine reception outside of your house walls?

Regards,
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.
MelindaH

Hi Taka

Currently I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 but in the past 10 years I've had many mobile phones.

And yes I get better coverage outside, even sitting in my car on bluetooth it is fine which is under the carport right next to the house.

Melinda

Takadiurga

Hey Melinda,

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge, and both devices have the blue tick. I'm thinking this might actually be the materials your house is made out of, rather than Telstra's network strength. <snip>

Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor.

I am a Telstra Employee but volunteer on this forum in my own spare time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent Telstra's policies or values.
MelindaH

Done Smiley Happy

Takadiurga

Hey Melinda,

I've reviewed your address on our map. It says you should be able to get at least 4G at that location (not 4GX though). There is a 3G only spot about a block away from your address, but as you said. Outside of your house it's fine.

From here, can I please get you to actually report the fact that there is a coverage outage in your house. Someone should get into contact with you regarding this if you leave a contact number.

I'm not too sure what the resolution will be from doing so, but hey, at least you're moving in the right direction from here. Sorry to not be of more help, but I hope this was a solution that's acceptable!

Link: https://www.telstra.com.au/webforms/coverage-feedback/index.cfm

Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

MelindaH

Taka, Thank you very much for your prompt reply and doing some investigation for me Smiley Happy

Regards melinda

MelindaH

I did as suggested 27/1 and still no one has contacted me about this issue, I received a confirmation email....and still I wait!!!

Takadiurga

Hey Melinda,

These things do take some time as they actually require an investigation into the matter. Just be a little more patient and I'm sure you'll recieve a response. Alternatively if you don't, visiting your local Telstra Store and getting their advice on the matter - might be a good option.

Regards,
Taka
Telstra Customer Advisor

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more