Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Poor reception in carnegie

Experiencing very poor mobile data speeds in Carnegie the last few days 

unable to load Snapchat videos and Facebook videos are also very slow to load.   Also down to only 1 bar reception now aswell 

are there works being completed nearby? I’ve lived here for nearly 12 months and never had an issue before

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Poor reception in carnegie

There is work on the mobile network in CARNEGIE, VIC 3163 that may be affecting your service. 

For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Any idea how long these works will take? Even just loading this page took me 25-30 seconds... basically unable to do anything. Definitely unable to watch any videos or anything like that 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Dansbulldogs,

Thanks for your message, apologies for the issues with your internet speed.

To check for outages and expected resolve times, please refer to our outages page: https://tel.st/7jahr

Have you able to test the speeds in other locations? This will help indicate if the issue is

network or device related.

If it's slow everywhere, it would be worth doing some troubleshooting on your device, this can be done

on our Fix site: https://tel.st/46cr2.

In order to test your speed (Facebook loading times are not really a good guide) please test your

speed on our speed test site: https://tel.st/5g3zv

Sometimes just taking the sim card out and leaving the phone off for a few minutes can help, as this will reset

the connection between the phone and the tower.

Another thing to check is that you haven't gone over your monthly data quota, and are now being shaped

(speed slowed). This would also explain the very slow speeds. You can check your usage in the My Telstra App.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I've spoken to the engineers who are doing the work. They are having issues installing the 5G equipment and will potentially finish by tomorrow 6pm.

p/s - i'm just another disgruntled Telstra in Carnegie.

Highlighted

Wonder when it’s going to be sorted? I’ve never had an issue here before but the last week has been ridiculous     Cannot use my phone for much....

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more