itsaleexp
Level 1: Cadet

Ported from boost - Wifi Calling not working?

Hello! This seems to be a common issue from what im reading haha, but just wondering if ive missed any troubleshooting issues from my end. I ported from Optus to Boost about a month ago, then Boost to Telstra about 4 days ago because i wanted 5G as its widely available in the areas i am in.

Im dumbfounded how, even though both companies use the full Telstra network - first the strange porting process alone that i had to undergo for porting to Telstra. But that i had no issues whatsoever with wifi calling with boost from home - same with optus previously, but i haven't once seen 'Telstra WiFi Calling' as my carrier at home and other locations where i typically would be on wifi calling service. I have been in and out of tech support and customer service since the 6th of November.

I have had two people say my issue will be escalated - only one of which have actually escalated my issue. I have gone through the typical troubleshooting process of checking the setting is on

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max

I have VoLTE working which is what i find the strange part as ive always associated them going hand in hand regardless of the carrier

I have tried going through airplane mode to trigger wifi calling turning on, which worked with boost and telstra previously - nothing

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any other troubleshooting methods i can use?
I have an appointment booked with my local Telstra store, but i don't hold much hope - from what ive been reading on other crowdsupport articles however from identical issues - it seems to be a provisioning issue which ive seen some people get sorted in store? Im not sure whats going on??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Ported from boost - Wifi Calling not working?

You could reset your network settings and then restart the phone.

Also, you could then go to Settings > General > About which will inform you if the iPhone needs to download the latest carrier settings.

itsaleexp

So the carrier settings I have are 48.0 and there doesn’t seem to be an update for it for the multiple times I have reset network settings as per tech support

itsaleexp

Update: in store has told me also to submit as a complaint, as some of their team members also had wifi calling working on my same plan, saying I would likely receive a quicker response - so I have done just that, hopefully it gets somewhere 

Dowser

There is an informative webpage on the subject, that mentions modern requirements.

You could also try putting your SIM card info a similar phone that can access WiFi Calling on the Telstra network and see if it works for your service at that location.

itsaleexp

So Ive verified the requirements, I do meet them - on boost i did get ‘Telstra Wi-Fi Calling’ appearing with my phone, as with Optus

And I did attempt to see if it was just my phone, but wifi calling was not provisioning when trying with a Galaxy s8, Galaxy note 21 and a Oppo Find x3, changing the wifi calling setting on the phones to ‘WiFi Preferred’ - none of which connected with wifi calling, but do with their other carriers sim

Only service that was being provisioned on my own device and the three others was VoLTE

Hence why support and in store thought the next best move would be to submit a ticket with the faults team

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more