Htadinterstate
Level 1: Cadet

Porting nightmare

I ported my number over 2 weeks ago and it won't receive calls from other networks like Optus or Vodafone. If you call my number from these networks it just comes up the number is disconnected.
Just got to the point where I'm in limbo now and everytime I contact
Telstra they say that will be fixed into 2 -3 working days but it's not
But then nobody gets back to me and it's not fixed. I have been ringing and going into Telstra store every day for the last 15 days.
We did narrow it down to some sort of rorting issue.
Can somebody help me it's a number for a business and I cannot receive Calls.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Porting nightmare

Yes. It sounds like a classic routing issue that happens when the carrier that you port from hasn't updated the forwarding record properly.

When you port, your old carrier needs to put a forwarding record in their number allocation database directing the call to your new carrier.

When someone calls your number, calls from outside your current carrier look at the carrier that the number was originally issued to by the ACMA. It then gets redirected to the new carrier.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more