Aimee1988
Level 1: Cadet

Porting

Hi there, I am trying to port my number from Amaysim to Telstra and was on the phone with Telstra for over two hours yesterday trying to make it happen. The Telstra rep I was speaking with told me that he can't port my number without my Amaysim account number, however, Amaysim are telling me I have no account number, as I'm prepaid. WHO IS WRONG??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Porting

My guess would be that Telstra has got it wrong (surprise, surprise). I have ported many numbers for myself and others, in both directions, and have never had to provide an account number.. 

It might be something new though it's been a couple of weeks since I last ported a mobile number from Optus to Telstra..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Porting-forever
Level 1: Cadet

How long have you been porting? I have the same issue. I'm porting from Amaysim to Boost(Telstra's network). It has been 8 days, and I was told by telstra there is no issue in the system.  

Last week I was told it was waiting for my previous provider to release the number and I contacted my previous provider last Saturday and they already released my number. My number is activate but I don't have any credit or data to use as Amaysim, my previous provider has canceled my number. Now I was told there is no issue with my porting in the system and everyone I contacted told me I will receive a email/TXT to explain my situation, but it never happens.

Dowser

You could lodge a complaint with Telstra.

Firebird82
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Porting-forever, Sounds like you've been sent around in circles. If you are still needing assistance, please send us a PM and I will see what I can do to help.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi porting forever, just checking in to see if you still needed a hand? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more