La4
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Prepaid plans

*I am on a very old post plan mobile plan with Telstra.  I have now purchased a new mobile and want to switch to a prepaid sim with data.   Before I just had calls and texting.   I however want to keep my old phone number.   Twice Telstra has not been very helpful, first time said if my old sim card did not fit the new mobile (my old mobile is ready for the museum so I am sure it wont) I have to go to a Telstra shop.   When I rang my local Telstra shop they said they did not do that.   When I rang Telstra again they said that department was unavailable at the moment and ring again.   I have always been with everything with Telstra but really fed up and feel like just cancelling my mobile with them, its out of date anyway and go where my husband went where they did everything.   Anyone know how I can fix this without leaving Telstra with my mobile.   Thanks.   Sue

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Prepaid plans

You should be able to have a replacement sent to you by ringing 13220 and when asked for reason of call say SIM replacement.

The Telstra store should have replaced the SIM for you. Even the Telstra stores not owned by Telstra can do this. I have never had any problems getting a SIM card replaced from a Telstra store.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/SIM-Card-Sizes-and-Replacements/ta-p/610455

La4
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Prepaid plans

Thanks for your help.  Did get confused with the operator at Telstra on line who  told me to wait a day before going to Telstra store but then my post mobile plan was cut off.   However once I got to my Telstra store they were brilliant and fixed it all up in no time.  Usually dont have any trouble with Telstra either.   

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more