johanssen
Level 1: Cadet

Prepaid vs Postpaid

Up until recently i had two post-paid accounts with Telstra and have now changed to prepaid on both accounts. From the first day I changed I have started missing calls each day on both accounts even though my phone is in my hand. The calls do not even register as a missed call on my phone. I receive a text message saying I have missed a call.

The only thing that has changed is my service changing to prepaid. I use the phone is the same location and the phone is an iPhone 11 Pro with dual sim so both accounts are on the same phone.

This leads me to believe there certainly is  a difference between the service provided for prepaid and post-paid accounts.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Prepaid vs Postpaid

You shouldn't have any difference in coverage between Telstra Post Paid and Telstra PrePaid.

The only time that this should change is if you switch to one of the Telstra MVNOs such as Belong or Boost who use the Telstra Wholesale network rather than the full Telstra network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Prepaid vs Postpaid

I think you need to eliminate a potential fault in your phone to isolate where the problem is coming from.

Try your sims in another Telstra supplied phone/s.

Are you missing calls everywhere or in just the one location?

Co-incidentally to your billing change, if in the one main location, your local cell site/and or surrounding ones may being upgraded for 5G, which is happening everywhere.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more