lyris
Level 2: Rookie

Problem porting Boost number to Telstra post or pre-paid

Hi, has anyone else had issues porting from Boost to Telstra pre or post paid services? Neither Telstra staff  or the website are allowing the port to happen. The website is giving me the following..."To switch to Telstra Pre-Paid from Boost Mobile, please call 132200"....phone support is non-existent after several attempts. Staff are telling me they can't see the existing service to make the port and I need to contact Boost.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Problem porting Boost number to Telstra post or pre-paid

Hi @lyris 

It should only need an order for the Pre-Paid/Post-Paid and a new SIM.

Sometimes the support people at Telstra and not up to the simplest of tasks.

I'd try them again, maybe the 24/7 Chat https://tel.st/t65yg (I have found it better to do that from 9am to 5pm M-F). But you never know your luck :-)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Problem porting Boost number to Telstra post or pre-paid

Because of their agreements moving between Boost and Telstra requires a blank SIM card for the process as it is a little bit more manual. Unless it has changed again Telstra stores can also help if you have one conveniently located to you as an alternative to trying to call. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more