Level 1: Cadet

Retrieve my disconnected number after quaratine

Hi,

My number got disconnected due to an overdue bill which is now paid in full.

I tried to get the number reactivated by calling Telstra, but they claim this is not possible because it has been over 6 months is the number has been assigned to another service provider.

I don't believe them because the Telstra is originally a Telstra number which I first activated on prepaid back in June 2008 and it is between the range 0488 000 000 and 0488 799 799 which are 800,000 numbers that have been allocated to Telstra by ACMA since December 2006 according to https://www.thenumberingsystem.com.au/#/number-register/search

But when the agent checks, they cannot find the number anywhere in the system. They claimed that the number has been assigned to a different customer, but I know for a fact that this is not true because when I call the number it is still disconnected. They insist it is not with Telstra and must be with another service provider.

Is there any way to get my number back? Do I have to call every mobile phone service provider in Australia and ask them if the number is available with them?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Retrieve my disconnected number after quaratine

Hi @NK13

If you can please DM that number through privately we will see what we can find, thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 1: Cadet

DM sent.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that message. I am going to have a chat with my support over the next 24 hours and we will get back to you here with an answer. Is that ok?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more