Level 1: Cadet

Roaming in Uganda

Answered

I'm currently in Uganda and whilst over here I changed from a post pay account to a pre paid facility and my phone is not allowing me to connect to the main network here (MTN). My android phone is stating that it is now Forbidden. The other main network of Airtel looks available, but my phone is unable to connect.

This change appears to have occurred since my phone was established as a pre-paid account. 

I have read in other posts that roaming is automatically available to pre-paid, but my account doesn't appear to be working. Does anyone know what might be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Roaming in Uganda

Hi Muzungo,

International Roaming in Uganda is not available using a Telstra Pre-Paid service.

In the below link scroll down to "Roaming Availability".

In the box that says "Find a Destination" type Uganda and click on Uganda in the dropdown list.

It will show you that Pre-Paid International Roaming is not available in Uganda.

https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Roaming in Uganda

Hi Muzungo,

International Roaming in Uganda is not available using a Telstra Pre-Paid service.

In the below link scroll down to "Roaming Availability".

In the box that says "Find a Destination" type Uganda and click on Uganda in the dropdown list.

It will show you that Pre-Paid International Roaming is not available in Uganda.

https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more