rmuir12
Level 2: Rookie

Service outage 3442 for 15 days

Well the sun is now setting on day 15 of no mobile or mobile broadband service in sections of Cobaw VIC 3442. All sorts of strange explanations have been provided by Telstra but unfortunately none of them are any use to me (or my neighbour who is in the same boat). Here is a summary of the lies we've been told for the last 2 weeks:

- there's a problem with our phone (and computers, tablets, and everyone who visits' mobile phones)

- there must be someone with a high frequency device interfering with service so there's nothing they can do about it

- there has never been any service here so they're unsure why I ever had it (although it's been no problem for 9 years)

- there are too many people now on the Mt Macedon tower and I won't get any service until it's upgraded which will be in a few years. 

- service will be restored on <insert date here> (it wasn't....)

- there's no problem because I'm able to use it as long as I'm not at home

So after raising complaints, ringing every day, online chat, etc. what more can I do after 15 days? Pretty hard to run a business when I'm unable to communicate with my clients!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
extendo
Level 20: Director

Re: Service outage 3442 for 15 days

Hello,

Nothing is reported in your area Service Status unfortuantly with the problem you are having.

So i gather you cannot make any calls from your mobile and or use the data from your mobile right. ?

It is frustrating as it is not having a working service you will need to sit patiently and wait for a resolution.

Can I ask can anyone make any calls from a mobile or use data with another telco in your area. ?

Your business is important I agree with you there you could try diverting your calls from your mobile to a land line until this is fixed for you.

Thanks.

rmuir12

Hi Extendo

Yes, Telstra have told me there's no service outage but with both my neighbour and myself experiencing no service for 16 days now, clearly there's an issue. We have no mobile and no mobile broadband service.

If Telstra had provided a landline in the rural area in which I live, diverting calls to that landline would work but of course they haven't provided that service so we also have no landline. Therefore that's not an option.

Telling me I'll need to sit patiently and wait for a resolution after 16 days is like a red rag to a bull with me at the moment.

Any help from Telstra and some proactive response to actually fixing this issue seems unlikely - let's hope the Ombudsman can assist me more than Telstra has.

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey rmuir12,

May I ask how you are accessing the internet from your end of you don't have a mobile coverage? What type of internet do you currently have?

Thanks rmuir12.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rmuir12

Hi Joe

I'm working away from home because I have no internet or mobile phone service at home. That's how I'm still managing to access the internet - very inconvenient.

I have a USB Sierra wireless device.

Cheers

rmuir12

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi,

This certainly isn't good to hear. We can have this investigated by our network engineers to see what is going on in your location. I'll send you a private message with a form to complete so we can obtain some of your account details securely.

Once we review the form details we'll be in touch to assist. Please provide your full address details within the form details so we can check your location before contacting you again.

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rmuir12

Hi Matt. Can't figure out how to access the form. Can you please advise? Thanks, rmuir12
TimBartel
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi rmuir12,

Were you able to locate the link Matt sent to you via private message?

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rmuir12

No, I don't know how to access private mail.
Cheers
rmuir12
TimBartel
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

ok rmuir12,

If you scroll up to the top of this page, next to where it says "Hello rmuir12" there should be a little picture of envelope. Click that and it will take you to your CrowdSupport inbox.

- Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more