Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Shared data

Hi Telstra, May Telstra customers, account holders,  people/devices  attached to account holders accounts be allowed to share monthly data throughout their monthly plans accounts, contract month to month (possibly prepaid) (as a example : people could have 1 large plan 60gb & 1 small plan 5gb and share data across the 2 devices , perhaps even if all data is  together then device auto deducts monthly allowance then resets and resumes the following months. Taking into consideration plans are paid a month ahead 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Shared data

Telstra won't provide data sharing anymore on new contracts.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

im on a Data Share plan, but its 'Grandfathered', you can No longer get this service.

I have 2 $59 per month plans and a $5 data share sim, it all links up as one data balance and works well for us.

The ISSUE Now is that I cannot change it, i.e get onto a better data plan or add another device etc.  If  I want to change to get better value, which there now is, I lose the data share.

I am going to have to re-jig how I have everything set up. Which S%x

So now im thinking of going to payg on a $30 per month option on each phone, its unlimited calls/text and has 10g of data which you can 'save' upto a max of 200g, so doing that along with getting internet at home instead of not having internet other than the phone plans will mean home internet/wifi and data on the phones will be limited, so will get an ongoing data balance save.

The change will save $63 per month, which I can put towards the home internet plan..

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Sounds like a viable way forward. What are your fixed broadband options there? - Please check your address here - https://tel.st/y8rtu - (Click 'Check Availability' on any of the plans) and let us know the result. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more