Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Sim card activated but no roaming signal

Recently activated new sim prepaid on 14/3/18.no roaming signal found.and shown emergency calls only.anyone experience this before.pls help.got two SIMs activated simultaneously.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Sim card activated but no roaming signal

Have you restarted the phone since you activated the SIM? The SIM needs to register onto the network in a device and this happens more reliably during a phone's start up routine.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Nope,while receiving Telstra email saying activation in it way,my sim card wasn't on the phone for few hours.
Problem now I can't have signal.whereas another two SIMs seems to have signal but data connection only and network works in 4g only.pls help because can't really use at all the two sims.activated 4 sims all together.
Highlighted

Could anyone suggest if possible I jolt down my two sims that doesn't have signal?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Budot888,

I would recommend having this discussed further with our Pre-Paid team to see if they can assist with having this SIM card activated correctly for you to use. They can be reached 24/7 via our Live Chat service at: 

http://tel.st/nxzt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Does Telstra 24x7 really exist and working?tried numerous times and not happening at all.so frustrating trying to remedies the problem yet its only prepaid sim unlike postpaid.
Highlighted

What model phone are you trying to use the SIMs in? Have you used a Telstra service on that phone before?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Yes,had inserted other sim before .no problem ,either 3g or 4g.all having network roaming signal.thanks buddy for ur concerned.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more