bobnotrob
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Antenna Coverage unit shows solid red status indicator

Solid red status indicator

I have had the Telstra Smart Antenna 3G 850Mhz unit for over 3 years now. I notice it more when it is not there. Recently I have noticed the signal to my Window unit fading in and out.

I have relocated the window unit and a 6dbi car aerial on the roof to get a solid 2 bars and steady green status indicator.

Now my coverage unit will not play. It show a constant red status indicator. I have reset as per trouble shooting guide and moved it all over the place to get it to hook up to the Window unit. When resetting the coverage unit it goes to straight away to solid red status indicator, it used to try and search for the window unit but it will not go through that routine.

What else can I try?

Any suggestions appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
bobnotrob

Re: Smart Antenna Coverage unit shows solid red status indicator

Called Telstra Smart Antenna on 1800 305 307 and they advised me that if it was under warranty they would replace it. This is a known problem. Of course it was out of warranty. So a new unit is over $900.
Hope Santa is feeling generous cause sure miss not having reception in the house!
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero

If you have wifi at home, and your phone is capable of wifi calling you could use that instead to make and receive calls
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
bobnotrob

Thanks for the post.
I have turned on Wifi calling on the phones that can do it but have found it to be delayed as we are on satellite NBN (670ms ping). One phone does not have wifi calling and it is annoying when text messages don't send or receive.
343GuiltySpark

Yeah, its not going to work well on satellite unfortunately.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more