ob5
Level 1: Cadet

'Smart' tag on outbound calls

Answered

When I place a call on my mobile (a personal account not linked to my business at all), it often displays my business name on the receiver's screen instead of my number.  This is annoying as I don't want to show my business name.  How do I stop this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: 'Smart' tag on outbound calls

It's quite common. Samsung phones use a common database to look up the potential detail of a number and display it on the screen (so do other manufacturers - they have done so for a few years now). The number has been associated with your business either on someone's phone, or on a social media site such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

That would be because the receiver has previously entered your phone number and name  into their contacts. When they receive a call from your number, it shows the associated name they saved for that number.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
ob5
Level 1: Cadet

That's understandable if they inputted my business name, however, the people who are getting the displayed business name don't know my business name.  They inputted my number as my first and surname.  Somewhere there has been a connection between my business and unrelated personal number.  

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Having worked in technical areas of networks and phone manufacturers, albeit 2 decades ago, I can't imagine the association of name transmitted through the network.

I have 3 sims over 2 networks and I can't imagine any such connection. That's one for the keeper.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It's quite common. Samsung phones use a common database to look up the potential detail of a number and display it on the screen (so do other manufacturers - they have done so for a few years now). The number has been associated with your business either on someone's phone, or on a social media site such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Reggie4806
Level 4: Private Eye

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more