Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

SMS via Wifi

when's Telstra going to offer sms over wifi to all devices not just Telstra to Telstra. I see that Optus & Vodafone do it, for a company that big notes itself on technology you seem to be very far behind.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: SMS via Wifi

You can sign up for updates on Telstra products and services using the link below. Currently there has been no public announcements on SMS via Wi-Fi

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/post-paid/can-i-be-informed-about-new-pr...
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: SMS via Wifi

SMS via WiFi is not essential to Telstra's (or any other provider's) business, so I do not see much incentive for them to do so... SMS is inherently bad product on it's own and doing it over wifi makes it even more complicated and unreliable... Why would I bother if I was Telstra???
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more