Steef
Level 1: Cadet

SOS only calls in Bali - how do I turn on roaming?

Answered
Hi,
I am currently in Bali and my iPhone 6 is only showing SOS only calls.
How can I turn on roaming so it can receive texts?
Since it is sos only, I can't call Telstra to turn it on.
Is there a way to fix this without the cost of an international call?
Thanks.

Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CrowdDudette
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: SOS only calls in Bali - how do I turn on roaming?

What about Telstra LiveChat? Since you have WiFi access give that ago!  Click on Facebook symbol at bottom of this page, then click on "24x7 Live Service" under the Apps section on left hand side, then click on "Personal" & it should open up a LiveChat session for you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
CrowdDudette

This number +61 4391 25109 is supposed to be a free of charge call from Overseas using a Telstra Mobile service to activate/deactivate International Roaming.  Not sure if it will work from SOS only mode, try it out. 

Otherwise, if you have a friend/relative with you that has a Telstra mobile service with International roaming activated, use theirs.

Good Luck.  Please don't forget to give Kudos if this helped!

Steef

Thanks! I tried calling that number but since my phone has sos calls only, it doesn't work.

Anyone know how to get rid of the sos status?
CrowdDudette
Accepted Solution

What about Telstra LiveChat? Since you have WiFi access give that ago!  Click on Facebook symbol at bottom of this page, then click on "24x7 Live Service" under the Apps section on left hand side, then click on "Personal" & it should open up a LiveChat session for you.

View solution in original post

Steef

Thanks guys! I used live chat and they activated roaming for me. Though they did say I needed to have a service with Telstra for longer than 6 months to have roaming activated. They did it anyway.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more