Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Stolen sim and phone

My phone was stolen from me in Barcelona and the simcard appears to have been removed from the phone and used to make around 4-5 calls to a number '00224632051784' and around another 20-30 to '00224632051600'. What is weird about the calls is that all but two were made to the same type of number and the calls duration ranges between seconds to up to 60 minutes, but the calls were often made minutes apart which is physically impossible from a phone. 

E.g. at 2.38PM they made 4 calls to the above number ending 1600 for the following duration : 

- 16:01

- 15:58

- 07:50

- 23:03

I'm concerned about what my service was used for and also how this is physically possible? Nobody from your call centre seems to have any idea... 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Stolen sim and phone

Hello @rollo_100 I can certainly appreciate the concern when a phone goes missing while travelling. Regrettably I have no thoughts on how the calls could have been made that way, however speak with Lost and Stolen support team on 13 22 00, or if you're still overseas +61 439 125 109 and we can discuss options to help you. Travel safe. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more