timberhoarder
Level 1: Cadet

Switching from Post-paid to Pre-paid. How long does it really take?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Switching from Post-paid to Pre-paid. How long does it really take?

It shouldn't take any more than 4 hours. It is usually quicker. On the odd occasion, something can go awry in the system and the order can get stuck.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
timberhoarder
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the advice Jupiter. This led me to follow up with Telstra the following morning as I still had no connection to the mobile service.  After much online chat and phone calls with Telstra reps, I was advised by them to visit the local Telstra shop.  It turned out that both of the 12 month Prepaid Sim Cards (for wife and me), purchased online and delivered within 48 hours - were in fact faulty. The upside was that the very helpful young dude at the Telstra shop installed 2 new Prepaid Sims in mine and my wifes mobiles in minutes.  Both are now working properly.

As an off topic comment, we only transferred to Prepaid because Telstras minimum Post Paid provides significantly more data than our requirements and that meant we were paying for data we didn't use.  I wonder how many other Telstra customers (retired BB's) have the same issue.

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

Unfortunate to hear that both SIMs were faulty, but it's excellent to hear our team in store were able to get things fixed up for you. If you do have any trouble in the future, you can touch base with our teams through the My Telstra app (https://tel.st/57qr86) or your online Telstra account (https://tel.st/t55j2p), or by chatting with us over Facebook or Twitter. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more