powderfinger77
Level 1: Cadet

TCL Smart TV can't see my wi'fi

Hi, I have a TCL smart TV that can not see my wifi network. I've turned off 'band steering' with no success. It can pick up all of my neighbours connnections, it will detect my phone hotspot but just can't see my wifi..

I've activated 'Guest' connections in both 2.4G & 5G.

I've rebooted the modem

Factory reset the TV

It's a Telstra modem - Technicolor DJA0231

Firmware version 18.1.c.0585-MR7.1-RA

Any help would be much appreciated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TCL Smart TV can't see my wi'fi

The DJA0231 has a reputation for the 2.4 GHz WiFi band on the modem going faulty and stopping transmitting. Your TCL TV probably only supports 2.4 GHz WIFI and your other devices are dual band, If the 2.4 GHz WiFi is fault your other devices will still see the modem's 5 GHz WiFi. To check if the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty suggest you log into the modem and disable band steering in the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi settings. This will add -5G to the modem's 5 GHz WiFi name. If your other devices can only see the modem's WiFi name with -5G added then the 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty.

powderfinger77
Level 1: Cadet

Re: TCL Smart TV can't see my wi'fi

Hi cf4,

You're right, with band steering disabled, the 2.4 GHz connection can't be seen on any devices. I think you've nailed it mate. I owe you a beer!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more