Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Go Stationary Repeater

Answered

My partner has a Pre-paid plan with Belong which uses the Telstra network but has been unable to make or receive phone calls Is our Telstra installed Stationary repeater the reason why?

His grace the Growling Gecko
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Go Stationary Repeater

Depending on your answers to Steve above, that the phone/sim in question is actually activated and working elsewhere, I have a Go repeater, plus the older (Smart)  version, and they will only work with actual Telstra coded sim groups (numbers).  Whilst Belong is owned by Telstra and uses the LTE component of their network, the Belong service is not on Telstra's 4GX service which the Go repeater is, and that is the reason.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Is the handset a new, just purchased, device or one that has worked OK before, in the same situation?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Which model phone is he using? That will help narrow down the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

iPhone 7 works just fine on Optus

based Amaysim

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Depending on your answers to Steve above, that the phone/sim in question is actually activated and working elsewhere, I have a Go repeater, plus the older (Smart)  version, and they will only work with actual Telstra coded sim groups (numbers).  Whilst Belong is owned by Telstra and uses the LTE component of their network, the Belong service is not on Telstra's 4GX service which the Go repeater is, and that is the reason.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Hi I suspected that was the reason

I will get on to Telstra and see if they can offer my partner access with a telstra sim she will accept.

Thanks

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more