MBAS_Webmaster
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra is blocking emails from our domain

Answered

Membership renewal emails from our domain mbas.org.au are being blocked by bigpond.com with the message below:

"Message content rejected due to suspected spam. IB703" 

We are a community based not for profit Blues Music society, I've checked and we are not listed on any blacklists, etc.  We don't have a lot of members with bigpond.com email addresses but our membership renewal emails to those that do are being blocked while the same emails to gmail, etc are going through without problem.

A sample email is below:

"Dear Xxxx Xxxx
Your MBAS Membership will expire on 02/11/2021 (which is 21 days from now).

Please visit our Membership Sign Up / Renewal [links to https://www.mbas.org.au/membership/mbas-membership] page (https://www.mbas.org.au/membership/mbas-membership [links to https://www.mbas.org.au/membership/mbas-membership]) to renew your membership subscription.

Regards,
MBAS Membership Team
membership@mbas.org.au"

Regards
MBAS_Webmaster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra is blocking emails from our domain

You need to send an email to postmaster@bigpond.com

Include:

Your contact details

a copy of the bounce message

when the problem started occurring

@Dowser it comes up with a different error message if the server detects too many emails from a given sender in a period of time, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm thinking that it's one of the terms in the email itself (most likely something innocuous has been added to the SPAM filter and needs to be removed - possibly MBAS).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

How many Bigpond addressed emails are you sending in one batch?.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You need to send an email to postmaster@bigpond.com

Include:

Your contact details

a copy of the bounce message

when the problem started occurring

@Dowser it comes up with a different error message if the server detects too many emails from a given sender in a period of time, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm thinking that it's one of the terms in the email itself (most likely something innocuous has been added to the SPAM filter and needs to be removed - possibly MBAS).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more