beejpossum
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Lite 2 VoLTE

Answered

My Telstra Lite 2 (ZTE Z2315T) is a 4G VoLTE blue-tick phone that I bought to ensure I had the best coverage including in the country towns.
VoLTE is showing at the top of the screen, yet when I am in a 4G-only area it say that "Your device does not have a 4G voice calling capability enabled"

There is no manual available (and one on the ZTE site is full of errors and missing explanations.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Lite 2 VoLTE

That phone should work fine in those areas. It's odd to display that message given that VoLTE shows in your status bar.

Have you tried making a call when you are in an area where you get the message?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

That phone should work fine in those areas. It's odd to display that message given that VoLTE shows in your status bar.

Have you tried making a call when you are in an area where you get the message?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

beejpossum

Thanks Jupiter, I thought that, and you've given me more confidence.

No, true, I should have tried a call, but the message went on to suggest something needed doing back at the account, so thought I could fix it when back home. - but looks like no.
I will try to find the nearest 4G-only location near my area (5159) to test that.
Is there a "4G-only" coverage map?

susanromano61

I recently had the same problem. I tried to call someone & it wouldn't connect it. Kept saying my Vol LTE wasn't connected & needed to be turned on

Jupiter

There is a tower on York Drive, Flagstaff Hill that is 4G/5G only that might suit for testing.

You can check out tower details at https://rfnsa.com.au

If you get the message and can't make a call, then you will need to contact Telstra to get them to investigate why. Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi doesn't understand the question,  type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more