PeterjMar
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Locator Cat-M1 Tag Connection Problems

Hello everyone,

I have a 'Telstra Locator Subscription' on my Telstra account. I also have a "Cat-M1 Locator Tag Add-0n" included on my Locator Subscription.

Here is my Cat M1-Tag:

I have a 'Telstra Cat-M1 Tag' (see above) and I am having trouble pairing and connecting it to the Telstra Locator App , and therefore, the Telstra network. I have the Locator Subscription and the required Cat-M1 Tag Add-on already on my account, however, I still can't get the Cat-Ma1 Tag to connect.

I've tried absolutely everything. I've b to two Telstra Shops and they say they don't handle Telstra Cat-M1 Tags at all and they stated I need to phone 132200 and ask them. I have done that and they don't know what the issue is either. I have also used the Telstra App Chat function and they don't know as well. Getting no where.

I'm getting no where here. I seem to be playing tag all the time trying to get my Cat-M1 Tag connection issue sorted. No one at Telstra seems to know.

Does anyone know how the process involved and how to connect a Telstra Cat-M1 Tag to the network successfully? No one seems to know how to connect a Cat-M1 Tag successfully at Telstra. It's been a over for weeks now.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Peter Markham,

Brisbane.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Locator Cat-M1 Tag Connection Problems

I had some problems with pairing a Wi-Fi tag, but it eventually sorted itself out. The bluetooth ones were easy.

I assume that after you go to "Add a Tag" in the app, you are pressing the button and the device beeps. What happens after that?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
PeterjMar

Hello @Jupiter 

Yes, the Bluetooth ones are easy. Connected these Bluetooth ones already.

Yep, done that. I've pressed the button on the front of the 'Cat-M1 Tag' twice, the tag beeps twice (Blue light starts to blink to go into paring mode). Then the Locator App states I need to have a 'Cat-M1 Tag Add-on' added to my Telstra Locator Subscription. I 'already' have the 'Cat-M1 Add-on' on my Locator Subscription already. I'm lost ofr a solution and Telstra can't help me.

Also, I am in an 4G-LTE & 5G area. so the Cat-M1 Tag is in to the range of the network to function.

Still can't get the damn thing to connect. These Cat-M1 tags are not cheap to buy either.

I want to get this issue solved.

Peter M.

Jupiter

Have you got Wi-Fi turned off on your mobile? I had to do that to get my Wi-Fi tag to connect.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
PeterjMar

Yes, just tried that as well and same issue. Still no connection.

Again, I already have the 'Cat-M1 Add-on' on my 'Locator Subscription' already.

PeterjMar

I get this all time when trying to connect the Cat-M1 Tag.

I have all the required subscriptions already together with the 'Cat-M1 Add-on'.

Tried to contact support through all channels and no one can help me.

Jupiter

Thanks for posting the screenshot. That makes things a lot clearer.

While you may have applied the Cat-M1 Tag Add On to your account, for some reason your account is not recognising this. I suspect the issue will need to be escalated to the back of house team to get it fixed. The normal way would be to send a message using the My Telstra app (and tap on the blue icon in the bottom right of the Get Help screen) saying "Telstra Locator Support".

You could also try to send an email to support.locator@team.telstra.com (I'm not 100% sure whether it is still an active email address). Include your contact details, the screenshot, and also any confirmation that you got when you applied the Cat-M1 Tag Add On. Those details will speed up the process.

PeterjMar

Hi @Jupiter ,

I've tried these already, however, there is never any reply and the issue is still unresolved.

Peter M,

Jupiter

Final option is to lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

It will take about 5 business days to get an initial response, but at least it will be one person following the issue through for you.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more