Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra one number and new Apple Watch issue

Just got a new Apple Watch series 5 and tried to activate the mobile data plan on the watch app but it is giving me errors. It was previously working on my old series 3, but now it doesn’t work or activate on the series 5.

Have already contacted web chat, called in and tried store but no one was able to help.

here is my reference number: 

INT-1-2308727886257

here is my reference number:

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra one number and new Apple Watch issue

Hi @shadow87

Has it been checked if the old watch was still associated to your mobile number? 

Is this issue still happening? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same issue. I don’t think Telstra has caught up with the series 5 Apple Watch yet, is my gut feel. I logged a case today. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Glad to hear you have initially been able to get through for assistance and this is being followed up for you.

Were you provided with a timeframe for this to be resolved? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

This is curiously one  of about 3 other similar issues about the same time.

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Hi IvanS,

I tried to check on my old watch as I had unpaired and reseted it already. I tried setting up my old watch and tried activating the Telstra One Number on my old watch (Series 3) and I get the exact same issue as I get for setting up on my new series 5.

So nope, the issue is still happening and no one seems to be able to do anything about it for now.

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

It seems to be an increasing technical issue according to the number of reports here at Crowd Support

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Did you happen to change mobile plans around the same time?

Highlighted

I woke up this morning, and tried again, miraculously it connected! The server was down on Telstra’s end. I was on the phone to Apple and Telstra most of yesterday, hopefully the investigation they did proved that there was an issue. In store, Telstra were very hands off and quick to blame Apple. 

I hope that you have fixed yours. It might help to delete the $5 add on package and re-add it. I paired and unpaired my Apple Watch like 5 times. You also need to ensure that both phone and watch are on the latest software version. 

Highlighted

Good to hear yours worked. Mine still doesn’t and I can’t delete the $5 add-on as it doesn’t even show up on my account.

Highlighted

Hi I’m having the same issues and the watch and phone are on the latest iOS and updated also unpaired and repaired so many times it’s not funny it’s been two weeks now and they still haven’t fixed the problem they have told me it’s raised to the higher tech team but no calls yet

Highlighted

Tried that it still isn’t connected to my watch yet the subscription was cancelled and traded 4 times

Highlighted

Did you happen to change mobile plans in the last 2 weeks? It seems my account is stuck in limbo between changing plans and now nothing can be activated.

Highlighted

You might need to book a tech at the Telstra store to have a look at it. I was so annoyed yesterday, I hope you get yours working. 

Have you reset network settings? 

Highlighted

So annoying! No good at all. Have you tried to reset network settings? 

Highlighted

Yeah, I went to 2 techs at 2 different Telstra stores and they still couldn’t help. Network settings has been reset as well.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more