perdox808
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra One Number not available on Upfront plans

For three weeks I have been trying to get my Apple Watch set up with Telstra's One Number. Many calls to technical support have not helped.

I accidentally stumbled on the reason why on this webpage: https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/one-number

The page states that "Telstra One Number is not available on any Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan". Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. This is unbelievable since the only plans I can find for my phone are ALL UPFRONT plans. So why is this? What plan can I change to in order to have One Number available? Who the hell thinks of these stupid restrictions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
perdox808

Re: Telstra One Number not available on Upfront plans

I've had this confirmed now. No UPFRONT plans support One Number. How dumb is this? That makes my Apple watch unusable with Telstra. Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to Vodafone I go!

Dowser
Level 20: Director

Telstra Technical Support should have informed you.

Not all is lost though, because there has been some discussion in this forum about One Number becoming available on the Upfront Plans mid-May, however it has not been officially announced.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It is very believable as it has been listed under Exclusions on the website since the Upfront Plans were introduced. It's just a matter of reading the details of the plan before purchasing (who doesn't do that?).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
JoJoH
Support Team
Support Team

One number is coming soon to the Upfront plans. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

perdox808

Good to hear. Thank you. 

Dowser

@JoJoH wrote:

One number is coming soon to the Upfront plans. 

Are you able to provide an actual date?.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more