Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Porting In Issue

I'm lost for solutions and hope someone can help with this.

I ported in to Telstra from Optus on December 18. Since porting across I've been unable to recieve calls or texts from any network other than Telstra. I can call any number fine but can't receive them. Telstra mobiles and landlines can call and text me fine. I am guessing something went wrong with the port.

Long story cut short I was told on December 18 that the problem had been escalated and would be fixed within 7-10 days. It's now 12 days and nothing. I called yesterday and was told it was being worked on by back of house and would be fixed within 24 hours. Here we are 24 hours later and still nothing. I call again and get told it will be 2 business days so now we are looking at next Wednesday.

What do I do? The staff you speak to when you call 132200 couldn't seem to care less and just tell you it's being worked on and will be fixed soon. Meanwhile I can't recieve calls and very much regret porting into Telstra.

Has anyone been through a similar issue when porting in and are able to shed some light on what I should do? I have the incident reference number if that helps anyone.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra Porting In Issue

The department which handles these issues is Activations
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Telstra Porting In Issue

Thanks I’ll give them a try!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more