Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

unable to make or receive calls

I am unable to make or receive calls to my telstra mobile. As soon as i answer or the person i am ringing answers, the phone call drops out. 

I have all data and my internet is working fine.

I have spent numerous hours searching the net for a solution but to no avail. I have checked all the settings and made sure all the troubleshooting issues such as do not disturb turned off, turn off bluetooth and toggle aeroplane mode on and off have been done.

Telsta have no solution. I have even backed up my phone and did a factory reset which resulted in me losing all my data (another issue altogether)

I have changed the sim card, same problem!!!

Last nioght, Telstra told me that my phone is connecting to a certain tower which has an outage. Fair enough but that is when i am at home, i have this problem all over sydney. My wife who is a telstra customer has no issues at all.

Please help!! i need my phone for work purposes - any advice would be greatly appreciated - TIA

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: unable to make or receive calls

Which phone do you have?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

i have a new iphone 11 pro - just got it over the weekend as i thought my last phone was the issue - clearly not

Highlighted

If it is an ongoing issue and has been happening on multiple phones in more than one location, then it sounds like there is something odd going on with your account.

I hate to say it, but a call to 132200 is in order. It will need to be escalated to the back of house techs to have a look at. When you do manage to get through, you need to be very clear with exactly what is happening, where it is happening and the fact that you have tried different phones and had the SIM replaced.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

yes its with back of house now - i will see what they come back with, so frustrating

Highlighted

Any idea what it was ? I'm having the same issue.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more