CHF
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to receive calls from Telstra mobiles

Apologies if I have not posted this correctly. This is my first time using this service.

We have a sequential bank of mobile numbers we use for our voip services. Things were working fine last week, but now we seem to not be able to receive calls from Telstra mobiles. 

We can still call out from our services and we can receive calls from other providers, but a number of, not all, but a significant number of telstra mobiles trying to call us will get nothing but a "connecting" or "calling" display on their phone, and then 20 seconds later the call just drops. Our phones do not ring and we have no missed call.

It is an issue that seems to only be happening with telstra mobiles and only when they call our mobile numbers. If they call our landline number, which goes to a voip IVR, it connects without a problem. If they call our old landline number, which is forwarded to our new voip mobile numbers, the call comes through fine. But take out the middle step and they are unable to call us.

We have made no changes to our system and our provider has no issues at their end.

What do we do now?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Unable to receive calls from Telstra mobiles

That is indeed odd. Your VOIP mobile numbers are exhibiting the same behaviour as if they have been ported and the numbers database hadn't been updated properly by the previous provider.

There isn't anything that you could do, your VOIP service provider will need to follow it up with their Telstra Network contact.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CHF
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jupiter,

Will let our voip providers know. We have had these numbers for a little while now and everything was working perfectly, or so it seemed. It is very odd. I have an Optus mobile and can ring all our numbers without a problem. My other staff have Telstra and 2 out of 3 cannot ring our numbers. The 2 that cant are in Queensland and the 1 that can is in Victoria.

Jupiter

The detail about the location of the services that can/can't call would be a very pertinent detail that would help the Network Engineers narrow down the problem. Be sure to pass that detail on to your VOIP provider. It could be a local gateway issue.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more