dnk
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to receive calls in E-Sim 5G and 4G but no issues in 3G

Answered

I have a Pixel 5 and Telstra E-Sim. Lately, I am unable to receive calls when I am in 5G or 4G network. Calls just seem to get disconnected. There seems to be no issue in 3G network.

Even after deleting my e-Sim profile on my phone and re-installed my e-Sim, I am able to receive calls for a few hours and then it just goes away.

Please let me know what I have to do for this. 

FYI - DND and Flight mode are not enabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to receive calls in E-Sim 5G and 4G but no issues in 3G

It is similar to WiFi calling but not same. WiFi calling is were the phone uses a WiFi network to make and receive calls instead of using the cellular network. Phones that support VOLTE will also support WiFi calling.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4

Sounds like VOLTE is not working. VOLTE is used when receiving or making calls over a 4G or 5G network. I don't have a pixel  I don't have a pixel 5 so don't know were VOLTE settings are but could try 

Settings > Network & Internet >  Mobile Network >  VoLTE 

dnk

By any chance is this wifi calling? 

cf4
Accepted Solution

It is similar to WiFi calling but not same. WiFi calling is were the phone uses a WiFi network to make and receive calls instead of using the cellular network. Phones that support VOLTE will also support WiFi calling.

View solution in original post

dnk

I am disabling WiFi calling because the settings description says that based on the best signal strength, the call will be made via WiFi or mobile network.

But, over 5G and 4G I am able to receive SMS and make calls. But unable to receive any calls only.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more