Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Very Slow in Mornings!

I work in Docklands in Melbourne. I start work at 2 am, and have no issues with my internet speeds. That is until about 8 am until 10 am, I have very slow internet speeds. It cant be congestion at peak times, because a lot of my friends are also on Telstra and have no issue. Same as Vodafone and Optus..no issues.

I have a Galaxy Note, and I also experinced this with my Galaxy S2 before. I bought my handset from another retailer outright, but that shouldnt make a difference.

Please help,

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Very Slow in Mornings!

If your only experiencing issues between 0800 to 1000 in Docklands, is it possible that its a rush of commuters in the area? 

The location of your handset shouldn't have any issues, however I would ensure your settings are the same as those found at http://ausdroid.net/apns/

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Very Slow in Mornings!

Hi Somestars,

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

I was on holidays 2 weeks ago in the area both CBD and Docklands and I had a similar issue some days. I was using Google maps on my Galaxy S2 to navigate so it was a little frustrating =P I generally fixed it by turning 3G off then on and moving around a little but some days it was a struggle. At other points mine was working and my friends wasn't so I'm quite confident Ben_F is on the ball with congestion being the issue.
Lathania

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more