kq66
Level 1: Cadet

want to disconnect my nbn as it has never worked

Answered

I ordered nbn unlimited in May, and received the smart modem in early June. It has never worked. Of course, I can't TALK with anyone at Telstra, so I've been texting. Every time, I get the response of, "It will be fixed in 48 hours". And 48 hours I call back. And I get the same response, with the obligatory, "Oh, I'm so sorry that you're going through this". Right. I'm finally done. I've run out of patience. I was on hold with the complaint department for THREE HOURS today, and have been texting through the OH SO UNHELPFUL app for THREE AND A HALF hours. I want the nbn service disconnected, and I want my money refunded (I was charged $99 so far for the service which has never worked). I would be willing to keep the phone and the Nighthawk - but only because I have them, they work, and I don't want to go through the pain of getting a new service provider at this time. I have written a complaint, but it was unanswered. Can you tell me, please, how do I go about getting the nbn cancelled and my money refunded?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: want to disconnect my nbn as it has never worked

You will need to either call 132200 or send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You will need to either call 132200 or send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

kq66
Level 1: Cadet

thank you. I'm getting it disconnected through the app. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more