Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Redgum01
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: when will the tower at Dandaragan WA, be repaired or upgraded

From our ministers office yesterday

I’ve been advised by our networks team that there is a delay with the 4G upgrade to Dandaragan mobile site. Unfortunately in the process of the upgrade the techs identified that the radio network on the site requires an upgrade and this equipment is sourced from Europe. Currently, the supplier is out of stock, and has advised they expect delivery and shipping to Australia by around mid-July. We anticipate having the site upgrade finalised during August. I certainly apologise for the delay, which was unforeseen. On a positive note, I’m told the radio system upgrade will enhance the capacity of the site, in addition to the 4G upgrade.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Is it not working at all (it is a 3G only tower at the moment - there is a proposal in for it to be upgraded to 4G - don't know when it will happen)?

FYI, there is a new tower proposed for the Dandaragan side of Cataby which will be 3G/4G as well.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Harry111

Unfortunately even when we lock our phones on 3G still dropps out and we are in line of sight of the tower (6K approx) without anything blocking, as out house is on a hill
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Harry111

Out of interest, is this something that has been discussed with our Mobile Tech Team at all?

You can reach them on 125111 or via Live Chat

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Harry111

I have spoken to mobile tech team, it is our tower and unfortunately when the power goes out, which is quite frequent we loose mobile phone reception also, it appears back up generator/battery is not working which also affects emergency services in our area
This has been an ongoing problem is there any resolution soon or dates
We were told that at the end of April 2018, the tower would be repaired.....but in fact it has got much worse
Redgum01
Accepted Solution

From our ministers office yesterday

I’ve been advised by our networks team that there is a delay with the 4G upgrade to Dandaragan mobile site. Unfortunately in the process of the upgrade the techs identified that the radio network on the site requires an upgrade and this equipment is sourced from Europe. Currently, the supplier is out of stock, and has advised they expect delivery and shipping to Australia by around mid-July. We anticipate having the site upgrade finalised during August. I certainly apologise for the delay, which was unforeseen. On a positive note, I’m told the radio system upgrade will enhance the capacity of the site, in addition to the 4G upgrade.

View solution in original post

Redgum01

A letter I. Recieved yesterday
Yet at the same time they are doing redgully and Regans Ford with another text I got telling me this .
This is what I got told

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more