Level 3: Gumshoe

Who do I contact about woeful Telstra mobile reception?

Answered

A month or so ago, our Telstra mobile reception at Myocum Northern NSW went from woeful to pretty much non existant. We have both been using Telstra sold Samsung devices (s10e) and enabled wi-fi calling on our Synology router. It worked well for a long time, but since around late last year our calls either drop out after 30 seconds or so, or the person on the other end of the call advises that they can't hear us. Even walking out to our road, out of wi-fi range, there's virtually no mobile reception. As I type this there's no Telstra reception showing on my s10e, and I've just made a call which I had to abandon. So 2 questions I suppose, what the hell has happened to the mobile reception around here, and who can I talk to to lodge a service request to find out what has been chnaged recently that causes us to be unable to make either a wi-fi call or straight GSM call? Cheers.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Who do I contact about woeful Telstra mobile reception?

There is a problem with 3G in your area that would be the primary cause of your problem.

But you can report the issue via

https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/coverage-feedback

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi @macca_au,

You'll see there's a problem in your area by using the below link.

https://outages.telstra.com.au

Choose the square that says "Mobiles", then type your suburb in and select your suburb in the dropdown list.

The link that Jupiter put in their reply to report the issue is working for me.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Accepted Solution

There is a problem with 3G in your area that would be the primary cause of your problem.

But you can report the issue via

https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/coverage-feedback

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Thanks Jupiter, I wasn't able to find that web-based reporting form.

Can you please advise how you know that the 3G reception is an issue, I'm sure it is but haven't been able to find any advice anywhere!  Cheers.

Accepted Solution

Hi @macca_au,

You'll see there's a problem in your area by using the below link.

https://outages.telstra.com.au

Choose the square that says "Mobiles", then type your suburb in and select your suburb in the dropdown list.

The link that Jupiter put in their reply to report the issue is working for me.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Thanks Smiley3!   Interesting that the Telstra outages page for Mycoum doesn't list any dates!

I've reported the problem via the reporting link, will await an outcome if there is one.

Cheers all. 

Hi @macca_au,

They must not have an estimated time yet for it to be fixed.

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more